Skip to main content

The Reason You’re Unhappy Is Because You’re Lying - A RAZAO QUE VOCE ESTA INFELIZ = VOCE ESTA MENTINDO!!!


The Reason You’re Unhappy Is Because You’re Lying
No matter how you twist it, when you feel unfulfilled, it’s because you aren’t doing something that you know you should be doing. Think about it.
Are you lying about being in the perfect relationship, lying about how hard you’re working, lying about loving your current job? Be honest with yourself. Truly, no-bullshit, 120% honest…Now, what’s your answer?
I have personally struggled with this. I gained 19 pounds over the course of my final semester of college. I took two courses I had no prior knowledge in (one being computer science — Jesus, take the wheel), wrote my 50 page senior dissertation, and worked two jobs, all while having a girlfriend (which could be considered a 4 unit higher division course) and wanting to have fun during my senior year.
Needless to say, I stretched myself way too thin…and because of that, I became less thin.
I’m not making excuses. Quite the opposite. I was bullshitting myself the entire way through the process. Telling myself lies, like I was too busy or too stressed to address my health. My body.
The thing is, I knew I was lying. We always do.
Since then, I’ve lost all that weight, started riding my bike on a regular basis, participating in a pull up workout routine, etc. And it was easy to get back into the swing of things…because all I needed to do was stop lying.
When I’m going through a period of unhappiness it is almost always connected to me knowing I’m not doing all I’m capable of. Maybe it’s the same story for you.
  • Side Note: This article is in no way, shape or form meant to include people suffering from clinical forms of depression. Depression is real and part of many mental health issues that need to be taken more seriously in this country.
Are you actually working as hard as you can? Are you the first one in the office? Have you bought your boyfriend or girlfriend flowers like you used to?
When was the last time you went to bed knowing damn well you worked as hard as you could have that day? If it was yesterday, then you can stop reading this article now (if you want), I’m not here to waste anybody’s time. If you’re like the other 90% of humans out there, please read on.
Gif Credit: pikspost.com
Fortunately, for us all, there exists a solution. A cure-all, antibiotic for the chronic bullshitis that is sweeping the nation, and it consists of four easy steps…

The Solution:

Image Credit: designerspics.com

Step #1 — Look at yourself objectively

Looking at yourself objectively is a trait that will help you more immensely in life than words can describe. It’s absolutely, ridiculously, indisputably essential.
This skill can be extremely difficult without the help of either very transparent loved ones or psychedelic drugs…see if you can utilize the first option before moving to the second.
Examine your work and ask yourself: would I find my own work remarkable? If I were the boss, would I hire me?

Step #2 — Ask/answer questions

Ask yourself some of these questions, and answer them honestly:
Are you on the road to becoming the best version of yourself?
When was the last time you were the first one in and the last one out? This could be at your job or the gym, etc.
When was the last time you gave something 100% of your energy and 100% of your focus?

Step #3 — Act on it

Now it’s time to buckle down. Kick your ass into gear. Don’t just do something to say you did it. Obsess over it. Let it take over your thoughts. You’ll be thankful you did.

Step #4 — Keep it up

Consistency is key. Good actions don’t mean as much as good habits. Keep yourself motivated enough to stay consistent with your goals.
If you have to, post your ambitions and vision on your bedroom wall, and recite it to yourself every single morning. Your roommates might tell you to shut the f**k up for the first couple times, but they’ll get used to after a while (trust me).
These are tough questions to ask yourself, but they’re vital for self growth.

Your subconscious mind has more control over you than what you think. It’s working hard even when you’re not. There’s a reason you feel unfulfilled. There’s a reason you feel unhappy.
Fully immerse yourself in your ambitions. You’ll love yourself and the life around you more. I can promise that.
“The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is I’m not afraid to die on a treadmill. I will not be out-worked, period.” -Will Smith

So please stop lying to yourself. You won’t regret it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saiba o que significa um prego 17 x 27.

25 Alan Watts Quotes to Teach You the Transformative Power of InsighsPi

Aiguille du Midi - France - Needle of the Mid-day (Breathtaking Wonder)

Nicolas Flamel - Father of Alchemy

Super Car of the Famous People

Could Asia really go to war over these?

"Sem Dong, Sem Jung" : Cognitive Apparatus and the Nature of the Mind in Tibetan Buddhism

The Best Book of All Times... A la recherche de temps perdu, Marcel Proust's - In Search of Lost Time

Happiness and Money a Study

Conceitos Sobre a Vida - Repo Men - Um futuro... distante ?!!