We are REALLY living in the Entertainment AGE and The Streamming War is Beggining!

Everybody remembers Blockbusters...

It became so famous in the '90s and early 20's that its name was used to coin great movies.
This one is a BLOCKBUSTER the adds used to say or the commercials shout and you instinctively knew that was a great movie to watch or "rent" at your favorite local blockbuster movie rentals store.

Then NETFLIX came... and now... Blockbuster is dead! Not more than a long distant memory, back from the times, one used to have to drive to the store, rent a movie, give it back in 24hours or face severe consequences like daily extra fees and so on...
We really seem to be living in the entertainment age back then... but little we knew...

That's probably why today when I heard on the radio that Disney+ (the new Streaming service from Disney Powerhouse) was being announced for ONLY $6.99 a month I could not contain myself but to be thinking: DAMN!! That's a Steal!! That was the price we used to pay for ONE NIGHT MOVIE RENTAL and now you receive a WHOLE MONTHLY STREAMING SERVICE with hundreds if not thousands of movies and series for the same price. What a beautiful age we are living in! 

Then I suddenly realized that, because I had recently bought a brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max (what a name) that I have received ONE FULL YEAR FREE of new APPLE TV +. 
I even found bizarre that I can't install APPLET TV+ APP on my NVIDIA SHIELD ANDROID TV BOX because apparently Apple TV+ is not on Google Play yet... (Probably because of YOUTUBE TV google's streaming service).

However it is on Amazon Firestick (despite Amazon's Prime video stream service, which proves amazon is probably more open than google), which made it possible for me to install APPLE TV+ APP on my LIVING ROOM TV.

Now, to watch the amazingly great shows of SEE and DICKINSON, I have to be on the living room... not being able to watch in my bedroom anymore lol, due to these "Gadgets war content". 

Image result for see"Image result for dickinson"

Both GREAT shows I must add! I and my wife I ran through the episodes so fast that we ended in the 5th episodes and thought: GOD DAMN Apple made this "short" tv series just to keep us hooked!
And our dispair to have to wait another 1 year for more episodes was finally relieved the next morning when we discovered that Apple is releasing one episode per week! Woohowwww probably until the 10th and final of the first season of course.

The experience of entertaining oneself with television is not new... what is kind of new is the SEARCH FOR THE CONTENT YOU WANT that now is being spread across MANY DIFFERENT STREAMING PLATFORMS, in the comfort of your home, which is being called:

THE STREAMING WAR AGE

The Streaming War is basically the competition between all of this powerhouse brand names that all of us know like:

Amazons Prime Video
Netflix
Google's YouTube TV
Disney+ 
Apple TV+ 
Hulu
HBO NOW

and so on... for our Attention and for our Money in order to Entertain us.

It is really appalling if you come to think about it!

- I love Amazon's Sneak Peet, The man in the High Castle, The Marvelous Ms. Maisel.
- I also Love Netflix Mind Hunters, Marvel Series, and Stranger Things
- Amazing is Youtube by itself, which I love to "ZAP" through contents, bloggers and channels that I love.
- HBO's Game of Thrones, Spawn, Rome and all its award-winning series are beyond exceptional and not even need to be mentioned.. as they stand out by themselves for great content! 
- Just because it's "free for one year" I gave a shot to APPLE's TV+ and find myself enjoying SEE and DICKINSON's series.

Now I already had all of the above, but was suddenly stroke by the urge to get DISNEY+ too, to watch The Mandalorian Star War Series, All the episodes of Simpsons and much more content from marvel, etc that it is bringing... all for just the price of ONE MOVIE RENTAL, per month! 

Where all of these streaming competition companies and TV watching will bring us? 

What the future reserve for us? and who ultimately, or all of them may be, will win?

Like Blockbuster, that thousands of its stores disappeared in less then one decade, I believe nobody can predict if NETFLIX (today's mainstreaming service worldwide) will disappear neither, or be bought/incorporated by one of the other main and humongous huge companies like Apple or Disney. 

It's also very interesting to see Huge companies just present in your life more and more:

Amazons: Alexa, Shopping, Prime, Music, Kindles are speechless. 
Apples: iPhone in my pocket, iPods, Apple watches and now Apple TV+! 
Google's: Search engines, Phones, Youtube and now YOUTUBE TV! 
Disney's: Parks, Comics, Fox, Marvel, Movies, Series and Now DISNEY+!

It seems that our lives are more and more being taken by the huge brands that entertain us wherever and whenever we go. 

We sure are living the ENTERTAINMENT AGE and being caught on THE STREAMING WAR!

As an example I live in Orlando... so Disney is already a part of my day today in the parks here... now it seems it will be a day to day part on my living room television streaming devices too... If I choose to sign for its new DISNEY+ Stream service!

God help me to find the time and effort to watch it all.. ^^  and all the new entertainment that these power conglomerates will throw at us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saiba o que significa um prego 17 x 27.

25 Alan Watts Quotes to Teach You the Transformative Power of InsighsPi

Aiguille du Midi - France - Needle of the Mid-day (Breathtaking Wonder)

Could Asia really go to war over these?

Nicolas Flamel - Father of Alchemy

Super Car of the Famous People

Fantastic Video! It's Worth Remembering: Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen

What is a sad truth about life?

10 Famous Short Poems to Pick You Up When Your’e Down

The Best Book of All Times... A la recherche de temps perdu, Marcel Proust's - In Search of Lost Time